Logo

1H FY22 results

Executive review of our performance

Interim results reflect strong cash flow and steady margin.

Interim results for MultiChoice Group (MCG or the group) reflect an ongoing expansion of its ecosystem. The group added 1.0m 90-day active subscribers to close the period ended 30 September 2021 (1H FY22) on 21.1m subscribers, an increase of 5% year on year (YoY). The business in the Rest of Africa (RoA) experienced accelerated growth primarily on the back of major sporting events and successful local content productions, while growth rates in South Africa were subdued by rising consumer pressure and tough comparables given the boost in the prior year numbers triggered by strict lockdown restrictions at the time. The 90-day subscriber base is split between 12.2m households (58%) in the Rest of Africa and 8.9m (42%) in South Africa.